Configuring Managing and Maintaining Windows Server 2008 Servers
21st - 25th January 2013
Radison Blu Hotel, Cardiff
Days 1-5 - 09:30-16:30
Course Provider: QA
"This five-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills that are required to manage accounts and resources, maintain server resources, monitor server performance, and safeguard data in a Microsoft Windows Server 2008 and R2 environment. This course covers the core skills required by anyone working with Windows Server 2008 Servers.
Candidates for this course are information technology (IT) professionals who work in medium to large organizations. The primary candidate is a Windows Server administrator who operates Windows Servers on a daily basis and who requires the skills for configuring, managing, and maintaining servers installed with Windows Server 2008, including the Release 2 (R2) edition. Candidates are typically responsible for day-to-day management of the server operating system and various server roles such as DHCP, DNS, file and print services, directory services, and software distribution. This course may also be considered in combination with other exam preparation materials for candidates wishing to prepare for MCTS and MCITP certification in Windows Server 2008. Other candidates for this course include IT Pros with skills within other IT areas or operating systems who wish to gain an insight into Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2"
Delegates will learn how to:
- Describe the Windows Server 2008 environment including the roles, features, and the tools used to perform effective server management.
- Manage the DNS and DHCP server infrastructure roles.
- Configure secure and efficient access to file services.
- Configure and manage Distributed File Systems.
- Manage file resources by using File Server Resource Manager.
- Configure and secure Remote Access.
- Manage Active Directory Domain Services.
- Configure Active Directory object administration and Domain Trust.
- Create and manage Group Policy objects.
- Configure user and computer settings by using Group Policy.
- Implement security settings by using Group Policy.
- Provide efficient network access for remote offices.
- Monitor and maintain Windows Server 2008.
- Manage Windows Server 2008 backup, restore, and recover
- At least one year experience operating Windows Servers in the area of account management, server maintenance, server monitoring, or server security.
- Certification related to the Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) Networking Fundamentals, Security Fundamentals, and Windows Server Administration Fundamentals designations, or equivalent knowledge as outlined in course 6420B: Fundamentals of Windows Server 2008.
- A plus , Server plus , hardware portion of Network plus or equivalent knowledge.
- Working knowledge of networking technologies.
- Intermediate understanding of network operating systems.
- Basic knowledge of Active Directory.
- An understanding of security concepts and methodologies (for example, corporate policies).
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP.
- Basic knowledge of scripting tools such as PowerShell and WMI.
Total cost of course (before subsidy): £ 832.50
Cost to you at 50%: £ 416.25 Plus VAT
Recognizing body: Microsoft
Check Eligibility for %50 subsidy HERE
Please read the full Terms and Conditions before you register your interest.
To register your interest please click here or call us on 01443483277
This course will be presented in English, however, should you wish to engage in the workshop through the medium of Welsh, please let us know up to 4 working days before the date of the event and we will endeavour to ensure all resources are translated into Welsh as soon as possible.